Group coaching is a small group of people meeting regularly together, for the purpose of learning, reflection, developing new skills and capacities. Individuals learn through exchange and interaction with each other.
- The coaching is fundamentally focused at the individual level
- The group becomes part of the coaching resource
- The group has a common thread
Advantages of Group Coaching
- The development of flexibility and options, through peoples differing views and approaches
- Support and empathy from other like-minded people in the group
- Being involved in a positive and motivational environment
- A more natural way for peers to question and challenge each other
- Learning is amplified as everyone brings different skills and experiences to the table
- A safe environment to engage with and discuss real work issues
- Repeated reflection builds on previous learning and helps peers understand each other’s styles, strengths and weaknesses
It feels as though I’ve been on a journey, some of which was painful at times, but one that was well worth taking in order to move my career forward. Coaching with Fiona has challenged my perceptions and help me gain clarity about what I am looking for in my future career. It has helped me take a step back, look at things objectively and made me change my mind set. I now feel that I am much more open minded with a wider perspective.
Debbie has been fantastic to work with. In the four months since we started meeting, my attitude towards life has changed tremendously. Thinking positively has become second nature and I now have a clear vision of what my goals in life are. I've also signed up to climb Ben Nevis for charity - something I would not have done a few months ago. I decided to do it after a session with Debbie when I realised I could do anything if I put my mind to it.